Saturday, December 27, 2008

Practice: Day #1

We are not in Miami yet, so we have to rely on what the press there are asking. Here is a great question for Coach Kelly at todays practice:
On getting advice from others coaches on the Orange Bowl…
"I did'nt talk to anybody that had been to the Orange Bowl. I have talked to, and have a lot of coaches in the fraternity that I’ve talked to about bowl trips. What I was most concerned with more than anything else was simply the logistics. You know, going to a new hotel, you know all those things. So I was more focused on the logistics more than anything else, but when you got a
football ops guys like I got in John Widecan, I don’t worry about a lot of that stuff."
Thanks to the UC sports information staff for doing their job and forwarding  quotes from so amy events to all media.   Remember this is a "national game" so you are going to get reporters that have never seen UC.    However, it should be noted that John Widecan is the best in college football.    He is in charge of football operations, in other words he plans everything.  Ask any UC coach that has been through Clifton and they will tell you the same. He has been on board for every UC bowl game in the "modern era" and he said that this has been much harder, but it's been well worth it.

No comments: